Thomas Cochran Society

Nearly a century ago, Thomas Cochran appreciated the value of investing in Andover. In the course of becoming the school’s largest benefactor, Cochran created a magnificent and coherent campus, built the Addison Gallery of American Art, and endowed teaching foundations, lectureships, and concerts. Cochran, a banker, set the standard for philanthropy at Andover; he donated the bulk of his fortune to the school between 1916 and 1936, the year of his death.

In 2012, the Board of Trustees formed the Thomas Cochran Society to honor Cochran and all donors who make fully funded gifts of $250,000 or more during their lifetimes. This support enables the Academy to continue its mission of educating youth from every quarter through a program that challenges them to develop their potential and to depart as thoughtful, versatile, responsible participants in the global community.


Non Sibi Association

Non Sibi support helps to secure Phillips Academy’s foundation as a world-class education leader. Perhaps most critical, Non Sibi support supplements endowment income and tuition, helps preserve need-blind admission, and ensures our ability to attract and retain talented and diverse faculty.

Advancing Andover’s academic, athletic, and residential life programs is a valuable and worthy cause. Your investment in Andover students is one of the best investments you can make in the future.

Tuition covers approximately 65 percent of the actual cost of educating an Andover student. The remaining 35 percent comes from endowment income and annual gifts to the Andover Fund.

Nearly half of our students receive financial aid. Thirteen percent receive full scholarships. Even students whose families pay full tuition are subsidized by the Andover Fund and income from the endowment.

Non Sibi Leadership Gift Levels

$100,000 and above

$50,000 - $99,999

$25,000 - $49,999

$10,000 - $24,999

$5,000 - $9,999

1778 Founder
$1,778 - $4,999

Young Alumni Non Sibi Leadership Gift Levels

1st - 5th Reunion
$250 or more

6th - 10th Reunion
$500 or more

The Non Sibi Association is based on the total amount of cash or securities received in the fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).


Samuel Phillips & Sarah Abbot Society

The Samuel Phillips & Sarah Abbot Society was established to recognize and thank those alumni and friends who have included Andover in their estate plans. Members are invited to periodic society events and are regularly acknowledged for their support.

Bulfinch Loyalty Society

Named for one of Andover’s oldest and most revered buildings, the Bulfinch Loyalty Society recognizes and celebrates the school’s most valued resource—our loyal supporters. For nearly two centuries, Bulfinch Hall has been a constant in the life of Andover, serving as a hub for the education of thousands of students in the intellectual wonders of the written and spoken word. In that spirit, the Bulfinch Loyalty Society celebrates you—loyal Phillips Academy alumni, Abbot Academy alumnae, parents, grandparents, and friends. You are champions of Andover’s excellence, and your annual support forms the bedrock of this community.

How Do I Join? We welcome you into the Bulfinch Loyalty Society when you give to Andover in any amount for two consecutive years (or, for Andover’s youngest donors, when you participate in your Senior Class Gift). We celebrate Bulfinch Loyalty Society members with:

  • Recognition in the Honor Roll of Donors
  • Annual receptions
  • Special acknowledgment of consecutive giving for 5, 10, or 25 years, and longer

About Bulfinch Hall Phillips Academy’s third schoolhouse, Bulfinch Hall was built in 1818. Over time, it was transformed into a meeting hall, a gymnasium, and a dining hall known as The Beanery. Since 1937, Bulfinch has been home to the English department and a familiar destination for generations of Andover students: every student takes at least one class in Bulfinch Hall. The historic building has also provided inspiration for dozens of gifted and demanding instructors teaching grammar and the well-formed sentence, poems and essays, literature and criticism, and so much more.

To learn more about the Bulfinch Loyalty Society, contact us at 978-749-4292 or [email protected].

Parent Advancement Council

The Parent Advancement Council recognizes parents for their leadership support at the Fellow level and higher.

The Council program provides engagement opportunities to develop informed connections to Andover and for the school’s current and longer term priorities.

For more information, please contact Rebecca Brewster, director of family giving at 978-749-4286.