Andover Fund

Andover Fund

Every one of Andover’s 1,150 students relies on the Andover Fund, a critical resource that impacts virtually every aspect of Academy life and learning. Tuition covers approximately 53 percent of the cost of educating a student; the remaining 47 percent comes from income on the endowment and gifts to the Andover Fund. Because income from the endowment is largely restricted to specific purposes, the flexible, unrestricted support that comes from the Andover Fund is crucial each year. Covering 12 percent of the annual budget, gifts to the Andover Fund support a number of ongoing priorities, including:

  • Need-blind admission
  • New technology
  • Facility renewal
  • Faculty development
  • Community service programs
  • Programs that advance the broader world of education

In short, the Andover Fund advances our mission to prepare youth from every quarter for lives of leadership and service.

Bulfinch-Loyalty-Society-Logo.jpg#asset:18385

Bulfinch Loyalty Society

Named for one of Andover’s oldest and most revered buildings, the Bulfinch Loyalty Society recognizes and celebrates the school’s most valued resource—our loyal supporters. For nearly two centuries, Bulfinch Hall has been a constant in the life of Andover, serving as a hub for the education of thousands of students in the intellectual wonders of the written and spoken word. In that spirit, the Bulfinch Loyalty Society celebrates you—loyal Phillips Academy alumni, Abbot Academy alumnae, parents, grandparents, and friends. You are champions of Andover’s excellence, and your annual support forms the bedrock of this community.

How Do I Join?
We welcome you into the Bulfinch Loyalty Society when you give to Andover in any amount for two consecutive years (or, for Andover’s youngest donors, when you participate in your Senior Class Gift). We celebrate Bulfinch Loyalty Society members with:

  • Recognition in the Honor Roll of Donors
  • Annual receptions
  • Special acknowledgment of consecutive giving for 5, 10, or 25 years, and longer

To learn more about the Bulfinch Loyalty Society, contact us at 978-749-4292 or annualgiving@andover.edu.

“Whether you've given for two years in a row or for 50, your devotion, generosity, and consistency are the foundation on which this school is built.”

John Palfrey, P’21 Head of School

An Andover student’s education is funded by three primary sources: the Andover Fund (12%), the endowment (35%), and tuition (53%).

Non Sibi Association

Support from Non Sibi Association members is the foundation of Phillips Academy’s future. Perhaps most critical, this support supplements endowment income and tuition, helps preserve need-blind admission, and ensures our ability to attract and retain talented and diverse faculty. 

Advancing Andover’s academic, athletic, and residential life programs is a valuable and worthy cause. Your investment, as a Non Sibi Association member, in Andover students is one of the best investments you can make in the future.   

Nearly half of our students receive financial aid. Thirteen percent receive full scholarships. Even students whose families pay full tuition are subsidized by the Andover Fund and income from the endowment. The Academy is able to support youth from every quarter through the generosity of our Non Sibi Association members and we are grateful for their continued support.

Non Sibi Leadership Gift Levels 

Benefactor  
$100,000 and above

Partner  
$50,000 - $99,999

Fellow  
$25,000 - $49,999 

Scholar  
$10,000 - $24,999 

Patron  
$5,000 - $9,999

Associate  
$3,000 - $4,999 

1778 Founder 
$1,778 - $2,999*

Young Alumni Non Sibi Leadership Gift Levels

1st - 5th Reunion 
$250 or more 

6th - 10th Reunion
$500 or more

*$1,000 - $2,999 Founder, Class of 1951 and older

The Non Sibi Association is based on the total amount of cash or securities received in the fiscal year (July 1 – June 30).

Annual Giving Board

The Annual Giving Board is a sounding board to the Office of Academy Resources for fundraising policies and strategies. Members are alumni/ae who are class agents or otherwise actively engaged in fundraising for Andover.

Cochairs

  • Dan Lasman ’73, P’06
  • Alison Smith Lord ’85, P’19

Members

  • Mae Concemi Bradshaw ’62
  • Jane H. Christie ’58
  • Francisco X. Contreras ’91
  • Ian Cropp ’01
  • Jenny F. Elkus ’92
  • Henry H. Frankievich ’07
  • David A. Gutzke ’77
  • Laura Mistretta Kirk ’00
  • John R. Kline ’88
  • Kevin K.W. Kwong ’95
  • Krystle L. Manuel-Countee ’09
  • Emerson A.S. Moore ’08
  • Jennifer S. Myung ’98
  • Leila Jones Shields ’93
  • Justin J. Yi ’06