Need Blind Admission at Andover
Andover Admits Students Without Regard To A Family's Ability To Pay Tuition
- Andover offers one of the most comprehensive and generous financial aid programs in the country for low-, middle- and upper-middle-income families.
- Andover meets 100% of a family's demonstrated need.
- No predetermined gross income is used to determine financial aid scholarships.
- Andover generously determines awards based on a comprehensive analysis of need, including all variables that contribute to a family's financial situation. In addition to using the School and Student Service for Financial Aid Report of Family Contribution, Andover's financial aid process deals with all families on a confidential, individual and personal basis.
- Andover calculates family need on the full cost of attendance, including tuition, room and board, travel, books, technology, insurance and other expenses.
- Andover awards financial aid scholarship grants. No student loans are administered.
- All financial aid scholarships are awarded through the generosity of alumni, parents, and friends of the Academy and are guaranteed through endowed scholarship funds.
- In 2014-2015, 47% of the student body receives financial aid; 13% receive full scholarships. The average grant for boarding students is $38,100 and the average grant for day students is $27,300.
- Andover's broad socio-economic diversity is a hallmark of the Academy as displayed in the inclusive distribution of financial aid grants to low-, middle- and upper- middle income families.