As part of the strategic plan, the Technology Office worked with the Academic Committee on Technology (ACT) to formulate ideas and develop an action plan to foster effective, creative and appropriate uses of technology in education. Below you will find some of the opportunities that were made available to the faculty:
- Summer Workshops held each June (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008) - to demonstrate work being done by colleagues, to introduce new tools available online, and to promote faculty discussion around how and why it might be important to introduce technology in the curriculum.
- Annual start of school workshops and walk-in computer support, in addition to Wednesday afternoon workshops held in the Research and Development Lab (ERDL).
- Encourage participation in technology-related workshops held externally, e.g. NERCOMP, Noble and Greenough, etc.
- Faculty Professional Development day added to the school year.
- PAnet "Teaching and Technology" module developed to provide information on new technological tools available to teachers and links to materials and resources available to teachers worldwide.