The Office of Technology Mission Statement
(adopted January 1998; last revised May 2008)
- To support the Academy’s mission to be a school that educates youth from every quarter through a program that effectively challenges them to develop their potential and to depart as thoughtful, versatile, responsible participants in the global community.
- To achieve the educational and business objectives of the institution by bringing together the most effective information resources and technologies to enable excellence in educational programs and services.
- To provide superior service to the community by:
- delivering the highest quality systems that meet industry standards and best practices at reasonable cost within the resources available.
- training and consulting to enable the effective and efficient use of information resources and technologies
- providing all members of the Academy community access to the external and internal information resources needed to acquire knowledge and develop competencies that are required to meet the academy’s mission
- partnering with members of the Academy community to protect the sensitivity and privacy of electronic data
- To embrace and practice the following creed at all times:
- Our first priority is support of the Academy’s mission.
- We are committed to understanding and adjusting to the changing needs of the Academy.
- We are dedicated to working with the Academy community to provide a progressive information technology environment
- Our administrative and teaching colleagues are our partners in success.
- We believe effective teamwork is a key to success in all technology endeavors.
- We accept responsibility for our work and endeavor to learn from both successes and mistakes.
- Every day, we will try to listen with an open mind, speak from a sincere heart, educate in the spirit of cooperation, and strive to respect people, their ideas, and their accomplishments.
- Our aim is to provide a working environment that fosters professional development.
- We will strive to recognize and reward self-improvement, innovation, and individual achievement.