Parent Fund Committee Volunteers
Becoming a Parent Fund Committee volunteer offers parents an opportunity to have a positive impact on students and the Academy as a whole. This group of more than 75 parents and grandparents plays an integral role in our annual fundraising efforts by contacting a small group of peers throughout the year to ask for support. Parents enjoy the opportunity to connect with other parents, and more than 70% of parents typically make an unrestricted gift to Andover each year. The Academy provides special training for this enthusiastic group of volunteers on the Friday of Parents’ Weekend as well as ongoing support throughout the rest of the year.
For more information on how you can participate, please contact Stacy Gillis, associate director of parent development, at 978-749-4275 or email@example.com.
- Parent Fund Committee Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead by example. Show your commitment to the Parent Fund by making an annual gift that is appropriate for your family.
- Contact a group of assigned families to share your reasons for supporting Andover, and ask them to join you by making a gift as well.
- Attend the Parent Fund Committee training session as well as other Andover events taking place in your area, including Parent Fund gatherings and phonathons.
- Assist the director of parent development in identifying and recruiting additional volunteers.
- Stay informed about PA. The more you know about what is happening on campus and beyond, the easier your job will be when talking with other parents.
- Communicate progress regularly to Parent Development staff.
- Thank your assigned families for their gift to the Parent Fund.
- Parent Fund Volunteer Tools
Parent Fund Volunteer Guide