Stock Transfer Instructions
Notify your broker of the following information:
- The securities should be transferred to Phillips Academy's
account at Fidelity Investments; the account name is Trustees of
- Phillips Academy's DTC number is 0226.
- Phillips Academy's NEW account number is 479428167.
- Phillips Academy's Federal I.D. number is 04-2103579.
- Include the donor's name and the designation (i.e., Andover Fund) on the transfer.
For instructions on making gifts of stock, mutual funds shares, or
thinly traded shares, please contact Barbarajean Jesmer by phone at
978-749-4298, by fax at 978-749-4678, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Please be sure to give the name of the stock, the number of shares, and
the designation. Without the name of the donor, Phillips Academy will
be unable to sell the shares, and the donor will not receive credit for
Many people who own stock that has appreciated in value over the years are concerned about paying a large capital gains tax should they decide to sell the stock. A good alternative to selling the stock is to contribute the stock to Andover. It is a wonderful way to help the Academy. Subject to certain limitations, you may make a charitable gift of stock at a remarkably low after-tax cost.
For information on establishing a life income gift with stock
Please contact David Flash, director of gift planning, at 978-749-4297 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.