Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Phillips Academy Giving

Students sitting and talking

Andover Fund

Every one of Andover’s 1,140 students relies on the Andover Fund, a critical resource that impacts virtually every aspect of Academy life and learning. Tuition covers approximately 55 percent of the cost of educating a student; the remaining 45 percent comes from income on the endowment and gifts to the Andover Fund. Because income from the endowment is largely restricted to specific purposes, the flexible, unrestricted support that comes from the Andover Fund is critical each year. Covering 10 percent of the annual budget, gifts to the Andover Fund support a number of ongoing priorities, including:

  • Need-blind admission
  • New technology
  • Facility renewal
  • Faculty development
  • Community service programs
  • Programs that advance the broader world of education

In short, the Andover Fund advances our mission to prepare youth from every quarter for lives of leadership and service.